California Life Line
|Are you looking for life line service in California?
|California Lifeline is a state program. It provides low
income households with a discount on their home phone service.
- Available through your local telephone company
- $10 Service connection fee
- No deposit
- Free toll restrictions
Get more information at
CA Lifeline Documentation
If you are eligible for Lifeline benefits in California, you must provide proof of your eligibility. Acceptable
forms of proof include:
- State, Federal, or Tribal tax return (540, 540A, 540 2EZ, 540NR, or 540X. 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ,
1040SS, or 1040X)
- 3 Consecutive months of pay stubs of income statements.
- Benefit statement from Social Security, VA, retirement/pension, Unemployment Comp, or Workmen's Comp
- Child support documents or Alimony docs.
* Plus taxes and fees. Includes Lifeline discount.
We offer you more!
- Unlimited Long Distance just $10
- Government Assistance
- Internet Service
- Fast Activation
If you are interested in Life line service, contact your current home phone provider and ask for a Lifeline application.
Your provider should be able to provide you with more information about the program.
If you don't currently have home phone service, you can call the California Lifeline call center to help you find one.
You can call 1-866-272-0349 between 7 and 7 PST, Monday through Friday.
More on the
California Life Line program
Lifeline California Qualifications
If you or a person living in your household is enrolled in one of the public assistance programs listed
here, you qualify.
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSL)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independance (GAIN)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Healthy Families Category A
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Annual Income at or below $24,700 (1-2 members), $28,800 for 3, $34,800 for 4
Free Government Cell Phones
Get a free government cell phone and free cell phone service
- No Contract
- No Credit Check
- No Bill
- Up to 250 Minutes Free per month
- Local and Long Distance Calling