Provide Proof of Eligibility
According to the FCC, all Lifeline applicants must provide proof that they are qualified for Lifeline benefits.
The type of proof depends on the qualifications of the applicant. The applicant must prove that they are
enrolled in the qualifying program or, if qualifying based on income, show proof of income.
Proof of Program Participation
The following are acceptable forms of proof of program participation
- Program Card or Document Such as your SNAP card, EBT card, or Medicaid card
- Statement of benefits from this year or last year.
- Notice letter of participation
- Any official document showing that you or a member of your houshold receives benefits from a qualifying
state, federal or tribal program.
Proof of Income Eligibility
- The prior year's tax return.
- Three consecutive current pay periods of paycheck stubs or 3 months of income statements
- Retirement / Pension benefit statement
- Veterans Administration benefits statement
- Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- Federal notice leter of participation in General Assistance
- Social Security benefits statement
- Unemployment / Workman's Compensation statement
- Divorce decree, child support award, or other official financial document
containing income information for at least three month's time.
The following are acceptable forms of identification
- Unexpired Drivers License
- Unexpired State-issued ID
- Unexpired United States Passport
- U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- U.S. VA Identification Card